The Computer and Security Student Association is an organisation that was formed by the students, for the students. This staff and student body is dedicated to representing all undergraduate and postgraduate degree students that are studying in SCSS and any other school at Edith Cowan University. We represent a voice for the students to present their views, projects, ideas, and criticisms about SCSS to people who will listen and do something about it. The incentives to join CASSA are numerous. One such benefit comes from belonging to a body of students with the same interests and ideas and the sense of belonging that comes with being part of such a group. Interaction between students in CASSA is high, both socially and intellectually.
As a member of CASSA, you will have the opportunity to attend professional evenings that are designed to connect you to potential employers, researchers and students of other tertiary and post secondary colleges. We also organise sporting, cultural and entertainment events and activities for SCSS students and staff throughout the year to make studying in SCSS at Edith Cowan University a more enjoyable experience. We aim to work together to help unite SCSS students and bridge the gap between undergraduates and postgraduates, and students and staff alike. What does CASSA do?
Goal of CASSA
- Formally represent all Undergraduate and Postgraduate degree students undertaking units from the School of Computer and Security Science at ECU and staff in all the relevant University forums.
- Improve the provision of information to: Undergraduate and Postgraduate degree students and to staff.
- Improve communication between students, and between the School and University and the School’s Undergraduate and Postgraduate degree students and staff.
- Encourage the spirit of collegiality at ECU and promote the sense of membership of a community of scholars.
- Promote intellectual and social interaction at the University.
- Campaign for improvement in the standards of services and facilities for Undergraduate and Postgraduate degree students and staff of the School of Computer & Information Science.
- Promote employment and enterprise opportunities for Undergraduate and Postgraduate degree students at ECU and elsewhere.
- To connect students to industry professionals, potential employers, researchers and students of other tertiary and post secondary colleges.
- To encourage and promote co-operation between this Association and other ECU Student Associations.
- To provide a platform for SCSS students and staff to present their views, projects, ideas, criticism, etc.
- To organise sporting, cultural and entertainment events and activities for SCSS students and staff.
- To seek discounts and financial benefits from the university and outside organisation for its members.
- You can find CASSA away from the keyboard at the Level 2 Help Desk in Building 18 on the Jonndalup Campus