Home » Archival

Category Archives: Archival

ECU Joondalup Building 18

Welcome to ECU in 2016 everybody, there has been some changes in what we are doing. Starting this year we have moved to the Joondalup campus with the School of Science. Since the start of 2016, the School of Compuer Science has been absorbed by the School of Science. This year we are hosting some well known events and some new events, some events starting this year are Lrn2Linux, Locksports Tutorial, and the CASSA Podcast. Like the years before, we will be hosting megaLAN at ECU, which we plan on hosting in the ECU Joondalup Library to accomidate more people, the dates of which would be added in the near future. Currently, the School of Computer Science has been alocated space in Building 18, where CASSA wants to recieve space for the new Clubroom.

The Great Secretary Backlog of 2015 – Agendas and Minutes from General Meetings

Here’s a bunch of PDFs of Agendas and Minutes of all of CASSA’s general meeting, from the 22nd of May 2015 to the 4th of September 2015.


GM Agenda, 22/5/2015
GM Minutes, 22/5/2015

GM Agenda, 5/6/2015
GM Minutes, 5/6/2015

GM Agenda, 7/8/2015
GM Minutes, 7/8/2015

GM Agenda, 21/8/2015
GM Minutes, 21/8/2015

GM Agenda, 4/9/2015
GM Minutes, 4/9/2015


I’m terribly sorry that I allowed the backlog to get this large in the first place. Hopefully now you should have access to PDFs of all of CASSA’s agendas and minutes from the start of this year to early September, through this and my previous post.

8/5/2015 General Meeting Minutes

Suuuuuuuuuuuup.

These are the minutes for the 8/5/2015 general meeting. Seriously, it was such a party. If you prefer to read a PDF version of these miuntes, please click here.


Action Plan:

Who Action
Ashley  
David
  • Update the keyholder roster
  • Update the keyholder poster
Alex
  • Continue learning how to use Redmine
Mat
  • Research ways to keep guild funding separate from CASSA funds
Will  
Sam  
Rylan
  • Submit room bookings for MegaLAN
  • Book power
  • Make sure Greg and Ash know
Evan  
Greg  

 

Topics of Discussion:

Application for Guild grant

– It was decided that CASSA will fund the MegaLAN from its own funds, and will then be reimbursed by the Guild after the event. This way we will not have trouble keeping guild funds separate.

MegaLAN Status

– Will submit room booking form next week

– Talk to Greg to aid form submission

– need to book power

EoS Status

– EoS will be held the Tuesday after the last Friday after exams, on the 23rd of June

– Previously all surplus funds gained by the end of semester were spent nearly completely on the EoS party.

– We have decided to aim to host a cheaper EoS party to reduce the cost on CASSA’s part.

– Considering buying drinks separately, then booking separate venue

– Could book a room at ECU as a venue. Do not need license to sell as we will not sell the drinks, still need to card as it is the law.

– Could have $10 cover for the EoS

Big Day In Summary

– We had three volunteers from CASSA to help the Big Day In staff, including Ash and Evan who ran the CASSA stall.

– All volunteers found the call for volunteers through CASSA’s mass emails.

– Stall was successful, with drone, drone footage, 3Dprinter and active members.

– Several promising students attended and expressed interest in CASSA

Food Run

– Need drinks, chocolate, noodles and forks.

– Run will be completed next Tuesday.


 

She left me roses by the stairs.
Surprises let me know she cares.

8/5/2015 General Meeting Agenda

Suuuuuuuuuuuup.

This is the agenda for the 8/5/2015 general meeting. You should have come, it was pretty great. If you prefer to read a PDF version of this agenda, please click here.


Topics of Discussion:

Application for Guild grant

– finalising application and handing papers to social council attendees for submission to the Guild

MegaLAN Status

EoS Status

Big Day In Summary

Food Run


 

Late night,
Come home,
Work sucks,
I know.

Just a reminder

Just a reminder to everyone that if they have any questions for me they can email me at president@cassa.org.au or meet me at ML 13.123 or JO 8.302 (most) Wednesdays 1-3pm and 5-8pm respectively. Sometimes I can’t make it to those places at those times so be sure to ask ahead if it is important.

I will usually respond to my emails quickly (max 2 days later). If for some reason I don’t, assume something terrible has happened and send me flowers.

24/4/2015 General Meeting Minutes

Hello again!

These are the minutes for the 24/4/2015 general meeting, taking place just after the first semester break. If you prefer to read a PDF version of these minutes, click please here.


 

Action Plan:

Who Action
Ashley
  • Contact Karen for details on Coderdojo help request
  • Withdraw $400 with David and Mat for Greg and Office floats
  • Collaborate with Evan for Joondalup Stall form
  • Let Jackie know about game tournament for Joondalup open day
  • Send out mass email – Barbeque volunteers
  • Send mass email, for tutors and tutorials
David
  • Remove Mat’s Tuesday shift
  • Remove Joshua from keyholder roster
  • Emphasise keyholder vigilance in drink and food purchases
  • Withdraw $400 with Ash and Mat for Greg and Office floats
  • Paste resume tip document to website
Alex
  • Input tasks into redmine
Mat
  • Draft letter for Kmart community; student organisation status
  • Withdraw $400 with Ash and David for Greg and Office floats
Will
  • Email Ashley guild money
Sam
Rylan
  • Book MegaLANrooms for 26th-29th June
  • Book extra tables for MegaLAN
  • Book power for the MegaLAN, for the 26th-29th June
Evan
  • Collaborate with Ash for Joondalup stall form
Greg

 

Topics of Discussion:

Head of School meeting summary

– Quality over quantity – student feedback

– Units out of date, Andrew is on top

– report out of date units to ash, he’ll tell Andrew

– Letterhead to Kmart for cheap stuff.

– Coderdojo problem, no automatic responses from CD for applicants (outside of recruiting period), have been asked to create automatic response.

– Andrew wants projects to happen, can book rooms for them.

– Wifi issues were discussed, Andrew cannot directly help with this matter.

– Unblocking ports have been a problem. We can create a petition for this matter.

 

Vice Chancellor meeting summary

– Letter has been presented to the Vice Chancellor

– Meeting with HOS and Information Technology Services soon

Executive Wiki update

  • Will need to redo executive wiki, update with pieces from current members and overdue pieces from previous members
  • Log onto redmine to upload role explanations

Income flow

– Gamer jam refund has been received

– We now have two separate floats, one in the office and one with Greg

– Need PayPal reader & ECU account, so we can authenticate phone to ECU network, a form to request guest accounts is currently on the staff portal

– May convert to Pepsi or cheaper cans from Kmart

– CASSA is considering using guild capital for food runs

Joondalup relocation

– Possible new clubroom on Joondalup 18.120

– Will worry about when move is closer

Events

Big Day In

– 3 volunteers aready, more volunteers are encouraged

-Possible tasks include microphone running for Q&A, handing out merchandise

Joondalup open day

– CASSA is running a stall, promoting the association and selling drinks

– Stall form needs to be filled in before the stall is finalised

– A laptop has been given to CASSA as a prize for a competition for first year attendees

– Project M has been suggested as the game for this tournament. This decision has not been finalised.

Mount Lawley movie night

– CSO cannot book the Games Lab for this event, waiting for Andrew.

Events MEGALAN status update

– Need to book rooms 14.114, 14.115, 14.116 (MegaLAN rooms) and 14.113 (Dance Hall)  for the 26th to 29th of June.

– MegaLAN will be held on the 27th and 28th of June.

– MegaLAN setup will occur on the 26th, and attendees are welcome to hang around

– MegaLAN rooms will be used for gaming and viewing.  Dance hall for food and rest.

– Extra tables need to be booked for the same date for use in the dance hall.

Programming projects

– Please present all project ideas to Ash.

– If project is accepted, rooms will be booked for project work. Rooms will be available in five hour blocks

– Online projects have been suggested, with meeting days instead of physically coming in to work on projects.

Possible ideas for projects include:

– Ash’s Evolution game

– layer website

Study grouping

– CASSA hosted Tutoring portal has been previously discussed, and is ideal. Production of this portal is on hold.

– A mass email will be sent out seeking out

– Like projects, rooms will be booked for certain periods for participants to meet.

Hackerrank

– Hackerrank is a site hosting programming challenges for people to complete. Participation in Hackerrank ranks the participant against others in a rank.

– Employers are purported to look at this site.

– CASSA is promoting this site via email and the Facebook page.

24/4/2015 General Meeting Agenda

Hey there!

This is the agenda for the 24/4/2015 General Meeting, taking place after the first semester break. If you wish to read a PDF version of this agenda, here click please.


Topics of Discussion:

Head of School meeting summary

Vice Chancellor meeting summary

Executive Wiki update

Income flow

Joondalup relocation

Events

Big Day In

Joondalup open day

Mount Lawley movie night

Events status update

Programming projects

Study grouping

hackerrank

27/3/2015 General Meeting Minutes

Sup.

These are the minutes for the 27/3/2015 General Meeting. If you prefer to read a PDF version of these minutes, please click here!


 

Action Plan:

Who Action
Ashley
  • Talk to Evan, Sam and Mat about Saturday meetings
  • Email Head of School to arrange meeting
  • Email Trent guild money
  • Discuss security events with Sam at future date
  • Talk to COMSA about joint LAN
David
Alex
  • Keyholder chat: update on keyholder discussion points
  • Upload tasks to redmine
Mat
  • Deposit money from clubroom tin into bank account
Will
  • Finish what needs to be done for VC
  • Talk to social council/Trent about funding
  • Send Ash COMSSA contacts
Sam
Rylan
  • Create FB event
  • Ask Brandon, greg, alex Sausage sizzle
  • Book barbeque
  • Organise people
  • Create Netflix Night and Game night
Evan
  • Consolidate Redmine: CoderDojo
  • CoderDojo tasks
Greg

 

Topics of Discussion:

– Future general meetings may be held on Saturdays to improve attendance. These meetings may be followed up with a movie night.
– The next general meeting will be held during break week, on the weekend, the 17th of April.

 

Door Key Change

– Greg has been consulted, an email needs to be sent to him to allow the key change.

 

Keyholders

– Keyholder absences need to be posted in the assigned Facebook chat.
– Looking into having a page for keyholders so posts are easier to keep and read.
– For semester breaks, keyholders do not need to come in.
– Need to have door open for week 6. If possible attend. If not, use chat. No penalisation, but hope to have the door open.

 

Head of School Meeting

– The previous meeting dates have not been optimal for President and HoS.
– Next meeting has to be at Joondalup campus, possibly on a Wednesday.
– Ash, Will and Evan need to attend, other executive members may attend.
– Evan is attending vice chancellor meeting, contact Ash to discuss possible topics for this meeting.
– Ideal day for meeting is a Wednesday after make up week, the week after the sausage sizzle (Wednesday 22th of April.)

Discussion Points for HoS:

– New clubroom at Joondalup campus
– Letter from HoS for Kmart Community Groups
– Student Affairs
– CASSA’s plans for future operation

 

Events

– The End of Semester party is to be held Tuesday before MegaLAN 2015.1

Fighter LAN

– Fighter LAN room booking is confirmed. Confusion was caused by double booking rooms.
– Promotion via Facebook
– Event is on the 19th April for one day
– David and Ash have volunteered to supervise event
– 3 trestle tables have been booked for LAN use

ML Sausage Sizzle

– May be funded by Guild capital, need to use their logo in event if this is the case.
– The sausage sizzle at ML will be held after make up week, on Wednesday the 22nd of April.
– Organise sausages and bread day before.
– David, Ash, Alex, and Mat have volunteered to do the sizzle.

Mount Lawley Events (suggestions)

– Sausage sizzle is planned for the 22nd of April.
– Events for Security and first year Joondalup students are priority, but big events (Fighter LAN and MegaLAN 2015.1) are being hosted on ML campus.
– Contact IT for credentials for Steam.
– Ocassionally host pizza socials ($5,$10,$8) on no meeting Fridays.
– Netflix nights
– Games in games lab, one specific game being played for that night.

Security Events

– Security events will be discussed in the next meeting.

Event Promotion

– Moderators of /r/perth and /r/edithcowan have approved promotion of CASSA events on their respective subreddits. We can promote them for the benefit of both CASSA and the subreddits.

– Meetup.com is a free service which promotes social events. We should utilise this service in promoting CASSA public events.

-EnjoyPerth! Hosts a calendar and lists events being held in and around Perth. There is no charge for this service, and has a large audience. We should utilise this service when promoting CASSA public events

– CASSA has a Twitter account, @CASSAecu.

– Will has access to the account through Tweetdeck (multiplatform that individuals use to send tweets on a single account.) James T has access to Tweetdeck.
– Will needs to grant access to other relevant exec to use twitter for updates and promotion

 

MegaLAN 2015.1

– Last year MegaLAN 2014.2 was held at the End of Semester, and was more successful than other second semester LAN (which were held during the semester.)
– Will be held in the week after the End of Semester party.
– Room booking is underway.

 

CoderDojo

– Mentors have been getting their Working With Children check forms from Evan.
– CoderDojo will be discussed next meeting.

 

Treasury

– Console purchase is not a priority.
– Spudshed has good specials for Kirks drinks, should observe specials to purchase drinks for clubroom use.

Pricelist for Kmart

– Need to get a letter with an official letterhead to prove that CASSA is a student organisation from the Head of School.

PayPal progress update

– PayPal will be discussed at the next meeting.

Netflix

– Netflix use has been smooth, with no problems encountered on the ECU network.
– There is currently no need to buy a subscription for use in the clubroom.
– Willing members have been using their accounts for clubroom viewing.

 


 

RXY,RXY

27/3/2015 General Meeting Agenda

Hello!
These are the minutes for the 27/3/2015 General Meeting. If you prefer to read a PDF version of these minutes, please click here!

 

Topics of Discussion:
Door Key Change
Head of School Meeting
- Discussion points include;
- Kmart community
- Student Affairs
- CASSA’s plans for future operation
Events
- Fighter LAN progress update
- Sausage Sizzle progress update
Mount Lawley Events
Security Events Progress
Event Promotion
MegaLAN 2015.1
CoderDojo
Pricelist for Kmart
PayPal progress update
Netflix

 

I installed the Mass Effect font on my computer. Everything I type looks awesome now.

13/3/2015 General Meeting Minutes

Hello again!

These are the minutes for the 13/3/2015 General Meeting. If you prefer to read a PDF version of these minutes, please click here!


Action Plan:

Who Action
Ashley
  • Create a budget request form
David
Alex
  • Update the CASSA Keyholder Roster
  • Print the Keyholder Roster to put on clubroom door
Mat
  • Put together a price list and investigate Kmart Community Groups
Will
Sam
Rylan
  • Follow up on the Fighter Lan booking
  • Look at dates for the sausage sizzle
Evan
Greg

 

Topics of Discussion:

Executive organisation

– Want improve executive communication internally and externally by:

– Being more active on redmine
– Check respective CASSA emails more, link it to phone

CoderDojo Stragedy

– Give a prize out for those who show up for 5 weeks straight
– Prize is undetermined
– CASSA will pay for Working with Children Permits and invoice it to SCSS

Events

Open Day

– CASSA has been offered to host SCSS computer comp W/ prize
– Smash Brothers tournament suggested for competition
– More preparations to be done later

MegaLAN 2015.1 Preperation

– Possible date for LAN: 26th – 28th of June, a week after semester
– Give ~5 people half price entry in exchange for half price entry

Fighter LAN Progress

– CSO has not responded in 3 days, will wait for their correspondence

Sausage Sizzle Preparation

– On a Wednesday 10:00 – 14:00
- Do not overlap with the Bluecats presentation on Wednesday the 25th

Treasury

– No updates about PayPal
– David Maxwell has been added to signatory list for the CASSA bank account
– Alexandra Helens has been taken off the list for the CASSA bank account
– Ash will create a budget request form on a Wednesday
– Food run to happen sometime in the next week
– Need to set a redmine task for office audit
– Continue research magazine subscriptions

Cheap Snacks

– Get supplied cheap drinks and snacks from Kmart as a community group
– May need to put kmart logo in clubroom
– Perhaps pay $1 for cheaper brands and13 $1.50 for premium brands (coke)

 

Key holders

–  Change the door code
– Two new people have been registered as keyholders. Please see the CASSA keyholder roster for further details.


 

(Did you ever notice that Kellam, the “invisible” character in Fire Emblem: Awakening, is hidden behind Chrom’s leg on the cover? Now you do.)