These are the minutes for the 24/4/2015 general meeting, taking place just after the first semester break. If you prefer to read a PDF version of these minutes, click please here.
Topics of Discussion:
Head of School meeting summary
– Quality over quantity – student feedback
– Units out of date, Andrew is on top
– report out of date units to ash, he’ll tell Andrew
– Letterhead to Kmart for cheap stuff.
– Coderdojo problem, no automatic responses from CD for applicants (outside of recruiting period), have been asked to create automatic response.
– Andrew wants projects to happen, can book rooms for them.
– Wifi issues were discussed, Andrew cannot directly help with this matter.
– Unblocking ports have been a problem. We can create a petition for this matter.
Vice Chancellor meeting summary
– Letter has been presented to the Vice Chancellor
– Meeting with HOS and Information Technology Services soon
Executive Wiki update
- Will need to redo executive wiki, update with pieces from current members and overdue pieces from previous members
- Log onto redmine to upload role explanations
– Gamer jam refund has been received
– We now have two separate floats, one in the office and one with Greg
– Need PayPal reader & ECU account, so we can authenticate phone to ECU network, a form to request guest accounts is currently on the staff portal
– May convert to Pepsi or cheaper cans from Kmart
– CASSA is considering using guild capital for food runs
– Possible new clubroom on Joondalup 18.120
– Will worry about when move is closer
Big Day In
– 3 volunteers aready, more volunteers are encouraged
-Possible tasks include microphone running for Q&A, handing out merchandise
Joondalup open day
– CASSA is running a stall, promoting the association and selling drinks
– Stall form needs to be filled in before the stall is finalised
– A laptop has been given to CASSA as a prize for a competition for first year attendees
– Project M has been suggested as the game for this tournament. This decision has not been finalised.
Mount Lawley movie night
– CSO cannot book the Games Lab for this event, waiting for Andrew.
Events MEGALAN status update
– Need to book rooms 14.114, 14.115, 14.116 (MegaLAN rooms) and 14.113 (Dance Hall) for the 26th to 29th of June.
– MegaLAN will be held on the 27th and 28th of June.
– MegaLAN setup will occur on the 26th, and attendees are welcome to hang around
– MegaLAN rooms will be used for gaming and viewing. Dance hall for food and rest.
– Extra tables need to be booked for the same date for use in the dance hall.
– Please present all project ideas to Ash.
– If project is accepted, rooms will be booked for project work. Rooms will be available in five hour blocks
– Online projects have been suggested, with meeting days instead of physically coming in to work on projects.
Possible ideas for projects include:
– Ash’s Evolution game
– layer website
– CASSA hosted Tutoring portal has been previously discussed, and is ideal. Production of this portal is on hold.
– A mass email will be sent out seeking out
– Like projects, rooms will be booked for certain periods for participants to meet.
– Hackerrank is a site hosting programming challenges for people to complete. Participation in Hackerrank ranks the participant against others in a rank.
– Employers are purported to look at this site.
– CASSA is promoting this site via email and the Facebook page.